Philosophy – We believe in the personal transformational power of education, its role in creating a productive society and its ability to make a difference in the quality of life.
Mission – We serve international students, aged 18 years or older, who wish to complete business and/or technology-based qualifications at NZQF Level 7– Level 9, that will pathway them into higher level qualifications, work, and permanent New Zealand residency.
Vision 1. To be New Zealand’s Graduate College i.e. NZIBT graduates go on to study higher level qualifications (Navitas at PG level).
2. To partner with high quality, NZ Government owned organisations for course content, pathways, and uniquely distinctive and successful graduate outcomes.
3. To provide New Zealand businesses with career-ready interns, and graduates, educated in business (and related subjects) and technology.
4. To provide New Zealand government with interns and graduates that meet long-term skill shortage needs and the Governments tech-transfer aspirations.
5. To provide NZIBT graduates with the maximum opportunity and choices in their life, whether that be in education, vocation and/or NZ VISA status.
9 REASONS TO CHOOSE NZIBT
1. We are New Zealand’s Graduate College and have specifically designed the institute to give international students maximum choice and options when they come to New Zealand. Our programmes are designed to maximise education, employment, visa and permanent residency opportunities.
2. We offer students a campus within a business incubator and innovation hub setting ensuring they can make local connections with New Zealand entrepreneurs.
3. We provide a quality educational experience while providing time for our students to adjust to the culture, business and educational differences of New Zealand.
4. Our students complete assignments that are focused on the New Zealand workplace, many complete a 300-hour internship and all will undertake a 10-hour career support workshop in the last few weeks of their programme.
5. We offer a classroom environment that promotes education using case studies, field trips and, research projects to bring to life the curriculum.
6. Our internationally qualified staff are charged with teaching students a comprehensive education using techniques such as problem-based, role play and case study pedagogy, all underpinned by research.
7. We offer our students an opportunity for an internship into all of their programmes, giving students the chance to do capstone projects for real-life situations. This is made possible through NZIBT membership with various Chambers of Commerce.
8. We offer a vibrant campus environment and our team organises many activities for students, ranging from social occasions and special events to career workshops.
9. We have agreements with both Lincoln University and the University of Waikato to ensure that successful graduates from NZIBT qualify for direct entry into Master programmes (12 months) including Master of Business and Management, Master of Business in Finance and Accounting, Master of Business in Global Management and Marketing.
4 REASONS TO CHOOSE CHRISTCHURCH
1. Christchurch is the fastest growing region in New Zealand.