Graduate Certificate in Business – Level 7
Christchurch | Auckland
Christchurch: 15 June 2020
Auckland: 15 June 2020
Tuition Fee: $8000.00; Resource Fee: $1500.00; Administration Fee: $500.00
See full list of Optional Fees
To be awarded the Graduate Certificate in Business (Level 7), you must successfully complete the following courses. Please note not all of the courses are offered every intake so please enquire at the time of application.
71338 Managing Change
71340 Strategic Management
71353 Project Management
Note: All courses are equivalent to 20 credits of learning.
Programme Aim and Outcome
The Graduate Certificate in Business is designed for people who have an undergraduate degree who want to develop their knowledge and skills in business and related fields of study.
The 60-credit programme will provide students with a platform to build an applied business education within a New Zealand context. It will connect students with the global labour market while still relating to New Zealand’s long-term skill shortage and skill migrant categories – this is in line with NZIBT’s stated strategy.
On successful completion of the Graduate Certificate in Business – Level 7 programme, students will be able to:
- Apply in practice the consistent, coherent body of knowledge which underpins management strategies, managing change and project management in NZ.
- Demonstrate independent learning, critical thinking and an understanding of research methodology within their own area of specialist business interest when applied to the 3 areas.
- Critically evaluate both their own and others’ strategic, change management and project plans with reference to current research and the business environment in NZ and globally.
- Apply the theory of project management, strategic management and change management to a wide range of business and management settings and scenarios.
- Demonstrate confidence in conceptualising, designing and implementing strategic, change management and project plans.
This programme is only available to international students. Applicants for this programme must have:
• A Bachelor Degree, or Equivalent professional experience
• English Proficiency: IELTS academic score of 6.0 with no band less than 5.5 or equivalent (please see table below)
|Programme Level||Graduate Certificate or Diploma at Level 7|
|IELTS TEST||Academic score of 6 with no band score lower than 5.5|
|TOEFL Paper-based test (pBT)||Score of 550 (with an essay score of 5 TWE)|
|TOEFL Internet-based test (iBT)||Score of 60 (with a writing score of 20)|
|Cambridge English Examinations||FCE, or FCE for schools, or CAE, or CPE with a score of 169. No less than 162 in each skill OET at Grade C in all sub-tests|
|NZCEL a) Expiring b) Current||a) Level 4 (Academic) b) Level 4 (Academic)|
|Pearson Test of English (Academic)||PToE(Academic) score of 50|
|City & Guilds IESOL||B2 Communicator with a score of 66|
|LanguageCert||C1 Expert IESOL (LRWS) with PASS|